Arda 4e - Scales of War
(Back to PC Races)
Graceful warriors and wizards at home in the eldritch twilight of the Feywild.
Average Height: 5’5" – 6’1"
Average Weight: 130 – 180 pounds
Creatures of magic who have strong ties to nature, eladrin live in shining cities in the twilight realm of the Feywild. Their cities lie close enough to the world that they sometimes cross over, appearing briefly in mountain valleys or deep forest glades before fading back into the Feywild.
- Eyes: Pupil-less, colors tend to pearly or opalescent, most commonly vibrant blue, violet or green.
- Hair: straight, fine and fair (usually white, silver or pale gold), frequently worn long and unbound.
- Skin: Complexion range as human, though more often fair.
- Build: Height as human; slim and athletic at their strongest (never muscular).
- Features: Cannot grow facial hair; little body hair.
- Aging: Children grow and reach maturity as quickly as humans, but remain healthy and youthful for several hundred years; most live to well over 300, and even near the end of their lives, show few signs of aging.
Eladrin live on the borders between the physical world and the Feywild, building their elegant-spired cities where the edges between the worlds grow thin, most often at places with innate and breathtaking natural beauty and splendor. Common city locations include remote mountain valleys, islands on stormy sea coasts, and the deep hearts of ancient woodlands. These cities may exist wholly in the Feywild, or they may fade in and out of the physical world, often appearing at dusk and vanishing again before dawn.
Eladrin themselves are somewhat distant and reserved, as befits their extremely long lives. This can cause eladrin to consider world events as unimportant in the long run, and can be intimidating and off-putting to non-eladrin. Meanwhile, their appearances have a strong fey stamp, which can be both attractive and frightening to humans.
Despite their reputation as distant and uncaring, eladrin do feel very strongly about relationships they form with friends and allies, and one of the few things that can cause an eladrin to show strong anger is endangering those close to the eladrin. Those who anger an eladrin quickly find out how powerful the combination of intelligence, bravery, and strong innate magical power can be.
- Views on Other Races: Eladrin are sometimes called high elves or gray elves, and regard their close cousins (elves not from the Feywild) with respect. Both elves and eladrin hate their other cousins, the drow.
- Views on Religion: Elegance and grace are paramount to eladrin, and this philosophy is the linchpin of reverence for Corellon.
The ancient and powerful noble eladrin in the Feywild actually transform into new creatures, taking on aspects of the seasons, weather, and other natural processes.
Eladrin Characteristics: Aesthetic, deliberative, detached, free, graceful, magical, otherworldly, patient, perceptive
Male Names: Aramil, Arannis, Berrian, Dayereth, Erevan, Galinndan, Hadarai, Immeral, Mindartis, Paelias, Quarion, Riardon, Soveliss.
Female Names: Althaea, Anastrianna, Andraste, Bethrynna, Caelynna, Jelenneth, Leshanna, Meriele, Naivara, Quelenna, Sariel, Shanairra, Theirastra, Valenae.
(Back to PC Races)